[BVC-CHAT] Ride the ROT on Sunday!

Greg Hercules moocowherc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:40:40 CDT 2009

The same  trianthlon style  of  riding  can  be obtained  through drafting.
In fact, the average  speed  of  riding in  a  pack can  be  increased
greatly while  still  maintaining the  exact same  effort as if you  were
by yourself.
Another thing  to  think about, some of the  strongest  triathletes are
also  the  stronger  road  rides in a  pack. These same guys will actually
receive a  better endurance workout  riding with a group because  it  allows
them to  maintain a consistent  power output during  unsuitable
environmental obsticles by  sheltering  themselves.

The main  point  I'm trying  to illustrate is  that doing a  solo  ride
while  attempting  to  maintain a  certain  speed is not  much  different
than  doing a  fast   paced (or  moderate paced)  group  ride. The only
difference is  riding solo  is  boring and  less  motivating.

By the way, what was your  name  again?

Herc