[BVC-CHAT] Bike meeting tonight with City about 2818

Brett texafornia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 20:31:27 CDT 2009

Went to the meeting and there was a great turnout of people of all ages.  It
was 100% about that project specifically, so nearly zero opportunity to ask
about other things.

College Station is trying to re-initiate interest and projects/progress with
the citizens, so now is better than ever to get out to these meetings and
get some stuff done.  It was a nice experience.

The plans are online somewhere with lots of details about how they will let
people cross the streets and lots of that kind of stuff.  If you contact the
department, they'll show you where.

Willie - I did talk to the director of Planning and Dev Serv on the side for
a while about various biking topics.  He's very smart and pro-biking.  He
said the shoulder issue on 2818 is something we should talk with TXDOT
about.  The City can help, but it's not their property except where 2818
actually intersects city streets.