[Bvc-chat] Routes towards Navasota/Brookshire?

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Fri Jan 6 12:42:46 CST 2012

On 01/06/2012 12:09 PM, Jared Mike wrote:
> I was looking at the routes towards Brookshire - looks like you have to
> either go along 6 for a while to Hempstead (there is a FtM road about 5
> miles to the east that sort of follows the same route as 6) then to
> Brookshire or cut across that happy little river with nothing but two
> crossings over the course of something like a thousand miles on 105 or
> 60 and then can take FtM roads.

I'd say Hwy 6 is a poor choice with too much fast traffic and 105 takes
you too far west due to the lack of bridges across the Brazos.

My suggestion would be to go to Carlos on the highway 30 towards
Huntsville, then turn south towards Anderson (a very nice and scenic
stretch with lovely Mt Unpleasant soon after Carlos). I don't know the
area beyond that, but there's a couple county roads (405, 446, 412) that
get you to FM 362 all the way to Waller, from where it's a straight shot
to Brookshire continuing on FM 362. Total of 84.1 miles.

Cheers
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu